Plan Your Visit
Explore art and ideas in our galleries! Admission is free, donations are welcome.
When is the Museum open?
- We are open Tuesday through Saturday from 10AM to 5PM with extended hours until 8PM on Thursdays.
What is on view?
- In our third-floor galleries the exhibition Debut features works of art from the collection that have never been on view.
- Our Open Fridays program allows visitors to drop in to our Goddard Study Center and request to view works on paper from storage. The hours are Fridays, 10AM to 12PM and 1PM to 4PM.
Why aren’t more galleries open?
- We are currently in the middle of exciting renovations and a complete reinstallation of our fourth-floor collection galleries. Work on these galleries will continue into 2022.
Do I need a reservation?
- We are not requiring reservations at this time.
Please review our guidelines before you visit and contact us if you have any questions or to request a reasonable accommodation.
Health & Safety
- All visitors over the age of 2 must wear a face mask covering their nose and mouth at all times. KU policy requires masks be worn in all campus buildings regardless of vaccination status. Free disposable masks are available at our Welcome Desk.
- Visitors should maintain a distance of at least 6 feet between themselves and other parties.
- Food and drink are not permitted in the galleries.
- Free parking is available in Lot 91 behind the Museum on weekends. Paid parking is available nearby on weekdays. Learn more on our Directions & Parking page.
Sketching & Photography
- Pencils are the only writing utensils allowed in the galleries. We do not currently have clipboards or writing boards available.
- We welcome non-flash photography for personal use and with the expectation that images will be used in a way that is consistent with the rights of the artists. Selfie sticks are not allowed. Tripods and other professional equipment are prohibited without advance permission.
Health & Safety Requirements
All members of the KU community, including visitors, must follow these health requirements while on campus.
Tobacco Free KU
The KU Lawrence campus prohibits smoking, tobacco products, and electronic smoking devices. For more information read the full University policy.
As part of The University of Kansas, the Spencer Museum of Art is subject to the Kansas Personal and Family Protection Act, in effect from July 1, 2017. For questions concerning concealed carry on campus, please refer to the University of Kansas Concealed Carry website.