Plan Your Visit
Explore art and ideas in our galleries! Admission is free, donations are welcome.
When is the Museum open?
- We are open Tuesday through Friday from 10AM to 5PM and Saturday and Sunday from Noon to 5PM. We have extended hours until 8PM on Thursdays.
What is on view?
- Our fourth-floor galleries showcase the range of our collection through four themed exhibitions that bring together art from across time, geography, and cultures. Two balcony galleries feature rotating special projects.
- On our third floor the Central Court presents the special exhibition Debut, which features works of art from the collection that have never been on view. Other third-floor galleries are currently closed while we complete activities for Phase II renovation.
- Our Open Fridays program allows visitors to drop in to our Goddard Study Center and request to view works on paper from storage. The hours are Fridays, 10AM to 12PM and 1PM to 4PM.
Please review our guidelines before you visit and contact us if you have any questions or to request a reasonable accommodation.
Health & Safety
- Free disposable face masks are available in our lobby.
- Food and drink are not permitted in the galleries.
- Free parking is available on the first level of the Mississippi Street Garage next to the Kansas Union from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily. You must visit the Museum's Welcome Desk to have your parking validated. You can also park for free in Lot 91 behind the Museum on weekends. Learn more on our Directions & Parking page.
Sketching & Photography
- Pencils are the only writing utensils allowed in the galleries. We do not currently have clipboards or writing boards available.
- We welcome non-flash photography for personal use and with the expectation that images will be used in a way that is consistent with the rights of the artists. Selfie sticks are not allowed. Tripods and other professional equipment are prohibited without advance permission.
Health & Safety Requirements
All members of the KU community, including visitors, must follow these health requirements while on campus.
Tobacco Free KU
The KU Lawrence campus prohibits smoking, tobacco products, and electronic smoking devices. For more information read the full University policy.
As part of The University of Kansas, the Spencer Museum of Art is subject to the Kansas Personal and Family Protection Act, in effect from July 1, 2017. For questions concerning concealed carry on campus, please refer to the University of Kansas Concealed Carry website.