Internal Operations Administrative Assistant (less than full-time)
First Review of Applicants: October 13, 2014.
The Administrative Assistant reports to the Director of Internal Operations. The primary responsibility of the Assistant is overseeing the day to day administrative office need for the SMA staff. In addition to providing information internally, the Assistant serves as a facilitator between the SMA staff and the Campus Administration and Operations Shared Service Center (CAO-SSC) to ensure efficient communication related to financial, research, and human resources transactions. The work requires attention to detail and the ability to meet deadlines, as well as a high level of confidentiality. It also requires the ability to function responsibly, act independently, and use discretion.
This is a part-time position working 24 hours per week.
50% Internal Operations Administration
- Assist with disseminating and organizing information and needs related to the 2015-2016 SMA building renovation.
- Help answer and coordinate the answering of the SMA main telephone line.
- Maintain office equipment.
- Coordinate and run staff meetings.
- Maintain organized records of financial documents with aid of shared drives, databases, and filing systems for efficient retrieval and reporting.
- Assist SMA supervisors with internal needs of new/current employees, including site specific training, startup needs, establishing phone and data service, and ongoing administrative requirements for individuals.
- Assists the Director of Internal Operations with other campus liaison duties with the Public Safety Office, Facility Services, KU IT, and KU Legal.
- Organize and facilitate external events as they are needed and relate to SMA renovation.
- Keep SMA Staff up-to-date on all University and Museum communication and procedural documents, including assisting with developing the latter.
25% CAO- SSC Administration
- Help SMA staff one-on-one research price quotes and provide appropriate documentation and work with shared service representative to process all accounts payable and receivable (State, KUEA, and KUCR) including but not limited to purchase orders, travel reimbursement, award payments, overload payments, credit card transactions, domestic and foreign honoraria, office supply purchases, and business procurement card accounts, state deposits and revenue fund accounts, and KUEA contributions.
- Help interpret and translate funding sources for expenditures from the annual budget to the CAO-SSC financial accounting specialist.
- Assist in the transfer of daily deposits to both KUEA and KU.
- Communicate with the Human Resources managers in updating and developing new position descriptions.
- Communicate to the Human Resources managers, with the assistance of the Director of Internal Operations, the hiring and funding sources for new hires and in processing payroll forms for current employees.
20% Enterprise Development
- Maintain and administer all aspects of the SMA on-line Amazon Marketplace (or other on-line commercial enterprise sites).
- Develop, implement, and regulate in-house retail store as it will relate to the SMA grand-reopening after completion of the renovation.
- Manage University Commercial Enterprise agreement, assisting with determining marketable images, contracts, and payments.
5% Other Administrative Duties as Assigned
- Bachelor’s degree OR High School Diploma or GED and three years of professional experience in a business setting.
- One year of experience in administrative support work, including basic office computer systems.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, and in particular Excel and Access as demonstrated in application materials
- High level of organizational skills with an emphasis on attention to detail.
- Background in arts administration or working in a museum setting.
- Experience in event planning and execution.
- Strong written and communication skills.
- Ability to work well in a strong team environment and independently.
- Bachelor’s degree.
Additional Candidate Instruction
Complete applications require a cover letter and professional resume. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Advertised Salary Range
Application Review Begins
Anticipated Start Date
Statement on Diversity & Inclusion:
As a premier international research university, the University of Kansas is
committed to an open, diverse and inclusive learning and working environment
that nurtures the growth and development of all. KU holds steadfast in the
belief that an array of values, interests, experiences, and intellectual and
cultural viewpoints enrich learning and our workplace. The promotion of and
support for a diverse and inclusive community of mutual respect require the
engagement of the entire university.